The Ultimate 3D sound experience
Upgrade your viewing or gaming experience from ordinary to extraordinary. Built-in Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™ and four upfiring speakers bounce sound up to the ceiling back down to you for an awesome, true 3D sound experience.
Real surround sound in a second
Instantly enjoy a true, cinematic 9.1 surround experience. Simply place the two detachable surround speakers behind you. No extra wires, no extra power connections so no extra hassle.
Detachable speakers that go anywhere
Built-in batteries mean audio freedom. Place the two detachable surround speakers anywhere in your room to enjoy an incredible audio experience. After 10 hours of playback, simply dock them to the soundbar to recharge.
820W Output Power
With 820 Watts of system output power, you'll hear your movies, games and music like never before. Let the immersive, powerful sound take your viewing or gaming experience to the next level.
Punchy, precise bass from a mighty 10’’ wireless subwoofer brings the action to your action movies and the emotion to your music.
Ultra HD 4K Pass-through with Dolby Vision™
Incredible 4K video resolution deserves incredible sound. The JBL Bar 9.1 soundbar makes the ultimate dynamic duo when paired with your TV.
Chromecast and AirPlay 2 built-in
Built-in Wi-Fi and compatibility with Chromecast and Airplay 2 means you can stream all your favorite online music in high clarity with a simple finger tap.
Stream it all
Not in the mood for a film or game? No problem. With the JBL Bar 9.1 soundbar you can also enjoy wireless music streaming via Bluetooth from your mobile or tablet.
Feel like you're right in the scene with 3D surround sound
The JBL Bar 9.1 soundbar brings audio experience of a movie theater into your home with two detachable surround speakers and the added punch of Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ 3D sound. With 820 watts of total system power, you can enjoy every Oscar-worthy performance through powerful, crystal-clear audio. Turn up the 10’’ subwoofer for pulse-pounding bass or turn it down and relax with Chromecast and AirPlay music streaming. Immerse yourself in the latest blockbuster or re-live your favorite movie or sport scenes. The most incredible home cinema sound experience is here.
- Power supply
- 100 - 240VAC, ~ 50/60Hz
- Battery charge time
- 3 hours
- Total speaker power output (Max. @THD 1%)
- 820 W
- Main Soundbar output power (Max. @THD 1%)
- Soundbar transducer
- 4×racetrack drivers + 2 × up-firing full-range drivers+3 × 0.75” (20mm) tweeter
- Surround transducer (per piece)
- up-firing full-range driver + 0.75” (20mm) tweeter
- Subwoofer transducer
- Operating temperature
- 0°C - 45°C
- Standby for Soundbar (when all wireless connections are deactivated)
- < 0.5 W
- Networked standby (Soundbar)
- < 6.0 W
- Networked standby (Subwoofer)
- < 2.0 W
- Time to standby
- <10 minutes
Surround speakers output power (Max. @THD 1%); 2 x 60W
Subwoofer output power (Max. @THD 1%); 300
- HDMI In
- HDMI eARC
- HDMI HDCP version
1 Optical, Bluetooth, Chromecast, AirPlay2, USB
- Detachable surround speaker, per piece
- 173 x 60 x 120 (mm) / 6.8” x 2.4” x 4.7”
- Soundbar weight
- 3.64 kg/ 8.0 lb
- Detachable surround speaker
- 0.72 kg x 2/ 1.6 lb x2
- Subwoofer weight
- 11.10 kg / 24.5 lb
Soundbar dimensions (WxHxD); 884 x 62 x 120 (mm)/ 34.8” x 2.4” x 4.7”
Subwoofer dimensions (WxHxD); 305 x 440 x 305(mm) / 12.0" x 17.3" x 12.0"
Control and Connection Specifications
- USB port
- Type A
- USB rating
- 5 V/ 500 mA
- Supported file format
- MP3 codec
- MPEG 1 Layer 2/3, MPEG 2 Layer 3, MPEG 2.5 Layer 3
- MP3 bitrate
- 80 kbps - 320 kbps
- Bluetooth version
- Bluetooth profile
- A2DP V1.2/ AVRCP V1.5
- Bluetooth Max. transmitting power
- 13dbm (EIRP)
- Modulation Type
- GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Wi-Fi network
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- 2.4G Wi-Fi frequency range
- 2412 – 2472 MHz (2.4GHz ISM Band, USA 11 Channels, Europe and others 13 Channels)
- 2.4G Wi-Fi Max. transmitting power
- 20 dBm (EIRP)
- Modulation Type
- DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, QPSK, BPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- 5G Wi-Fi frequency range
- 5.15 - 5.35 GHz, 5.470-5.725 GHz, 5.725 - 5.825 GHz
- 5G Wi-Fi Max. transmitting power
- 22 dBm (EIRP)
- Modulation Type
- QPSK, BPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM
- 5G Wireless frequency range
- 5180.0 - 5240.0MHz (Except Europe), 5725.0 - 5825.0MHz
- 5G Max. transmitting power
- 13 dBm (EIRP)
- Modulation Type
MP3 sampling rate; 16 KHz - 48 KHz
USB Port; (USB playback is available in US version. For other versions, USB is for Service only.)
Bluetooth frequency range; 2402MHz-2480MHz
What's in The Box?
- 1x Main Soundbar
- 2x Detachable wireless surround speakers
- 1x Wireless subwoofer
- Remote control with 2 x batteries
- Power cords (up to 8pcs depending on region SKUs)
- HDMI cable x1
- 2 x L-shape Wall-mount bracket (Main Bar) + 2 x U-shape Wall-mount bracket (for Surround Speakers) kit with screws
- Quick start guide
- Warranty card
- Safety sheet
- Side caps (x4, For some regions only)
Documents & Downloads
Did anyone have any luck using the Soundbar with a Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen) ? All the apps (Netflix, Prime, Disney) let me select Atmos sound but the soundbar only says "Dolby Surround". No luck getting help from JBL .what is the solution?
Does the JBL 9.1 display Dolby Atmos when playing Dolby Atmos?? I have directly connected ShieldTV and FireTV to it (over HDMI) and am passing Dolby Atmos titles to JBL 9.1 but it says Dolby Surround on the soundbar. It says that for ALL Dolby signals.
Updated software and now noticeably quieter. Voices were clear at lower volume levels and now have to increase volume so everything is loud just to hear speaking.
Do the side caps for both the soundbar & read speakers come with the UK version? In the specification & manual it states "some regions only"
I have an 86" LG 86SM9070PUA that has eARC HDMI 2.1 on the #2 input. I have my JBL 9.1 connected correctly, however if I play something from Disney+ app that is supposed to have Dolby Atmos? It doesn't display as such, it only shows "Dolby Surround"
Does the sound bar have any selectable EQ settings to boost center/voice or treble/bass levels?
Bought this yesterday and I can't adjust the rear speaker volume when I press it says "NOT SUPPORTED" speakers are working fine and it's detached as well.
Calibration keeps coming up as retry?
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 6ms
- questions, product